FUN FACTS FRIDAY
and FREE TEA TOWEL OFFER good thru 3/15/18
Get your free ILLINOIS tea towel (valued at $12) when you buy an ILLINOIS key rack.
1. Order both items from side menu
2. Enter discount code BOTW-IL at checkout for the discount!
And now . . . 5 fun facts about ILLINOIS!
1. The Chicago River has been going backwards (inland) since 1900, when engineers reversed its flow in order to keep Lake Michigan clean. Another big plus from the reversal: the city gets to dye the river green each St. Patrick’s Day!
2. Metropolis, Illinois is the official hometown of Superman.
3. Like Oreo's? You can get a whole bunch of ‘em at the Nabisco Factory in Chicago. It’s the world’s largest cookie and cracker factory!
4. Speaking of world’s largest, Robert Wadlow, the world’s tallest man at 8’ 11’, was born in Alton, IL.
Read more about this gentle giant here:
5. THE MOTHER ROAD - Route 66, established in 1926, starts in Chicago. Look for the intersection of Lake Shore Drive and Jackson Boulevard.